Ps3 Tips And Tricks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ps3 Tips And Tricks

The No1 Forum For Ps3 Help

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

hdmi problems

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
flynn888

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-17

hdmi problems Empty
PostSubject: hdmi problems   hdmi problems Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 6:29 pm

Hi all, firstly thanks for taking the time to read my problems

I brought a ps3 about 3 months ago took it home plugged it into my samsung tv and it worked fine in hd, until a few nights ago i turned on the console and all i got was a black screen, so i reset the system (power button for 5 sec's) the screen came up in SD and displayed a message something like" hdmi source found change to this setting, yes or no" so i selected yes the screen went blank again and nothing happened,

by this point i'd had enough, i spoke to a guy in the shop where i brought the console and he said i may have a fault iwth my hdmi cable so i got a new one, this made no difference at all, i went back to the store and they agreed to give me a brand new console, i got it home plugged it in expecting it to work and still nothing.

i've tried changing the settings in the menu but when i select hdmi the screen goes black the 30 secs later it returns me to the previous screen. I know that the tv supports hd as i used it for three months. am i missing somthing really simple is there more than one way to change the display settings

my dvd player is not blue ray or hd but does use hdmi upscaling and this is working fine on the tv so i know my hdmi port on the tv is working

has this happened to any one or have they heard of this happening, i'm all out of ideas every thing is new apart from the tv and i don't have the money to replace that at the moment.

thanks again for reading this, any help at all wolud be great. Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
Dale
Admin

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-04-18

hdmi problems Empty
PostSubject: It might be your tv   hdmi problems Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 6:03 am

it could be your tv thats the problem.
if you have got any more tvs in your house try your ps3 on that tv
Back to top Go down
http://ps3tipstricksforum.co.nr

hdmi problems
Page 1 of 1